Wednesday 16 March 2016

OUGD502 END OF MODULE EVALUATION

This module has been a real eye opener to me in so many ways. The creative report gave me the opportunity to talk to creatives and find out more about their practice, which was really insightful to see what inspires them and what they're like as people, rather than just as creatives with a name. This also resulted in the publication that I am really pleased with, which is a comfort to know as editorial design is something I am interested in, so it's great to feel like I can actually do it. The self branding aspect made me think about who I am as an individual and as a creative, what do I enjoy, how do I want to be represented, how do other people see me? This year it was a lot easier to find an answer to these questions compared to last year, as I have a better, growing understanding of what I enjoy and what I don't, and how I see myself both on a personal level and as a creative. This consequently lead to a self branding outcome that I felt much better represented who I am, and that I was much more pleased with. Taking Care of Business was definitely an eye opener, it showed me exactly how much detail you have to think about when starting up a business, especially the funding, which I don't think I even half covered. It has shown me that yes, you can create your own business, but it shouldn't be done on a whim, and should be very carefully and thoroughly thought through first, to ensure it will logistically succeed. Time management on this brief has been surprisingly well, as up until that last few weeks I was convinced I was behind, but it turns out I wasn't which was a very pleasant surprise. I think I've just been chipping away at everything evenly this year, rather than focusing on one thing at a time like last year, which has resulted in a smoother workflow across all modules, and consequently less stress and no late nights furiously blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment