Wednesday 16 March 2016

OUGD502 BEX DAY

I wanted to see which other creatives used the same name as my brand, so I Googled "Bex" and found this really interesting photographer Bex Day from London, whose done work for American Apparel, Creative Review, It's Nice That, and Vice to name but a few.
What made me look into her work more, other than her name being my name, was the muted nature of her work, most of it has a very calm feeling to it, specifically these pieces below, which were some of my favourites. They manage to suggest to a story all in one shot, which isn't easily done, and it makes you wonder about each of the characters, where did they come from? What are they doing here? Why are they doing that/look like that/or are where they are? How did all that happen? Pylot 02 - Pete is a fabulous collection of photography, featured all about the man in the photographs, Pete I presume he is. She covers a topic in this set that many do not, cross dressing, and makes it look like an art, that Pete is someone genuinely interesting in what he does, and you should be interested too.
I just found her work really interested, with a great artistic style, one that draws you into her work, and gets you thinking.


Carbon Copy - Low Rates
Garage - Manic Ovation

Pylot 02 - Pete
Vice - On Coney Island

No comments:

Post a Comment